Digital Citizenship Week 2021 has Begun! Are You Celebrating?
What on earth is that?
On our earth, in some developed countries, schools celebrate the ‘Digital Citizenship Week’ in the 3rd week of October. So this year it starts from today i.e. 18th to 22nd October.
What do they do in this week?
All week long teachers and students do activities to highlight the importance of Digital Citizenship skills, such as...
- Safe social networking
- Effective professional networking
- Smart online searching
- Understanding copyrights and licenses
- Avoiding plagiarism, fake news & articles
- Blog writing skills
- Staying safe from cyber criminals and bullies etc.
- Being an ethical digital citizen
- Creating a positive online reputation
And many more topics!
Why don’t we do such a thing in India?
Well, nobody is stopping you... take initiative! If you are a parent, you can organize a small community discussion around above topics. If you are a school, there is SO MUCH to do! Here are some suggestions:
- Dedicate a slot in a week to spreading awareness on Digital Citizenship & Internet Maturity.
- Create a ‘DCIM Club’ in your school.
- Organize a GD among teachers to discuss the DCIM Curriculum Framework.
- Adopt an ‘Acceptable Use Policy’ to ensure digital discipline in the school. Here is a free draft for you.
- Plan ways to include DCIM in your curriculum.
That was just a hint. Explore our website. It’s full of resources on DCIM designed for you. You can get many ideas!
This is an opportunity for you to become a truly 21st century parent or school. Grab it :)
to receive our updates on new blog articles and free resources on DCIM
About the Author
Raghu is the founder of iMature.in. He has been working & talking on DCIM since 2010, and loving it! View other posts by Raghu Pandey.