Part-1 : F.A.S.T - Firewall, Antivirus, Strong Passwords, Trust with Caution
- Firewall is the gate keeper of my computer. I shall always keep the firewall of my computer up & running.
- Antivirus is the immune system of my computer. I shall never use my computer without an antivirus software.
- My antivirus software needs daily updates about new viruses. I shall turn-on the option of 'automatic updates' in its settings.
- Any hacker who tries to guess my passwords must suffer from headache. I shall keep strong passwords for my computer, my modem, my email, my social networking account, my online banking account... everything.
- Cyber criminals can wear masks and look like my friends. I shall never trust anybody easily on Internet.
- I shall always ignore the emails which talk about lottery, free gifts, super discounts, miracle medicines, donations etc. I shall mark them as spam immediately!
- I am not a kid who gets tempted by a lollipop. I shall never click on ads or links which offer me free screensavers, wallpapers, cool cursors, cool games etc.
- My personal information must remain personal. I shall only use reputed apps and websites and shall never install unknown apps or visit unknown websites.
- When I find a useful software on internet, I won't download it immediately. It can be a trojan! I will search about it on Google and read what others are saying about it.
- I shall download Freeware or Shareware ONLY from Trusted download sites like cnet.com, snapfiles.com, or filehippo.com.
- I am not a fish. Nobody can fool me with a phishing attack. I shall never click on any link in an email or message which claims to be from my bank.
- When I want to do online banking or shopping, I shall open a new browser window... Select 'Private Browsing' option... Type the website address myself into the address bar, to open the website. After completing the task I shall logout and close the browser window.
- I shall never use my credit or debit card on a website which is not secure.
- I shall Never hesitate to approach the cyber crime cell of the local police department.
Part-2 : C.A.R - Confidence, Avoidance, Reporting
- Nobody can bully or threaten me on Internet. If someone does that, I will NOT reply in anger. I will NOT delete the messages in fear. I will confidently tell him or her to stop immediately.
- If the bully continues to trouble me, I will confidently report the matter to school/college management.
- If the threats are of serious kind, I will also report the matter to police.
- I want a pollution-free Internet. If I find any anti-social content on Internet, I will use 'Report Abuse' feature to complain to website administrator.
- I will not directly communicate with the person who has shared that anti-social content.
- If the content is seriously harmful for the society, I will not hesitate to approach the cyber crime cell of local police.
Part-3 : Secret Location
- I shall keep myself and my family safe from online predators.
- I shall never share the address, phone number, or details of school/college of anybody in my family on a social networking site.
- I shall never upload any photos or videos which reveal the above information.
- I shall Never reveal my travel plans online.
- I shall Never accept invitations to events openly on Internet.
- I shall Never accept invitation from strangers to meet. If the meeting is necessary I shall go with an adult family member, never alone.
- I shall Never hesitate to approach the cyber crime cell of the local police dept.